Monday, September 1, 2008

P90X Update.

Well, I originally intended to give an update on our P90X adventure every week but it hasn't really worked out for me. That doesn't mean that we haven't been getting after it though. Yesterday marked day 1 of week 7, which means that we are halfway through the program. I'm proud to say that we have not missed a workout yet... well, with the exception of yesterday. It was a 5 hour drive back from Brownwood and we didn't get home until almost 9pm. We were pretty exhausted and decided that since we are both off for Labor Day, we will do both workouts today. We've been very consistent (we even took it to Gulf Shores!) and since we won't actually be missing a workout, we agreed that this was acceptable and not "skipping".

As far as the program goes, here are some of my thoughts. P90X is the absolute real deal. It is intense, it is hard, and it is doable. You absolutely get out of it what you put in. The hardest part was making time the first week but now it is just part of our daily routine. We both enjoy it very much. I've never looked forward to getting up in the morning, or getting home from work in the evenings to work out. I think it is because of the results. I can feel the difference in my body, and see it in the mirror a little more every day. We both can. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Those of you that we've talked to about it, thanks for your support. I'll try to update a few more times before we're done and I'll for sure post at the end, maybe even some pics... if Em will let me! :) Now I'm going to bed because it's 1:30am and I have to get up early if I'm gonna hack it with Emily.

2 comments:

Guy and Julie said...

Emily,
I clicked to your blog though my friend Leigh's. I say your name and thought it might be Emily from OBU! What a small world!! Hope everything is going well. It will be good to catch up and read your blog!
Julie Bowen Green

Anonymous said...

You two are proof that it works. I think you should get a kick-back from Tony since you've been so good at advertising P90X. YOu should be so proud that you've kept up the hard work. Way to go. You're buff!
Dana