Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cyber Rose

I would have liked to post this earlier today but it was not possible. Today is September 18th, 2008, which means that Emily and I have been married for 6 years and 4 months. Isn't that adorable?! It's our month anniversary! (insert teardrops here) During our dating years and for the first few years of our marriage I religiously gave her a long-stem rose on our little "anniversaries". Not a huge deal, just something to make her feel special and let her know that I was thinking about her. I'm almost ashamed to say that my little tradition has all but fizzled. Well today I just wanted to something to show her and everyone else how much I love her. I can not imagine a better wife and friend. I'm a very lucky man so I thought I'd list some reasons why.

First I'll start with 5 things that I love about us and our relationship. 1) We share, or at least endure, many of the same interests. For example, I cried during The Notebook and P.S. I Love You... yeah, I said it... and she came with me to the 13-hour Lord of the Rings movie marathon and the midnight premiere of Indiana Jones. 2) We love spending time together, but have no problem doing our own thing. 3) We rarely argue, and if we do we always talk it through and it usually ends in laughter. 4) We share many of the same morals, beliefs, and opinions when it comes to religion, politics, discipline of our future children, etc. 5) We make each other laugh... a lot. We were sitting on the couch the other day and one of us said something that made us both laugh and Emily looked at me and said, "I'm so glad we're fun." I agree.

Now I'll list 5 things that I love about Emily. 1) She has the biggest, most amazing heart. Any of you that know her know what I'm talking about. Em always puts others before herself. A quality that many people, myself included, do not always possess. 2) She is an AMAZING cook! Which works great for me because I don't really like to cook and I'm not very good at it. 3) She is extremely supportive and always manages to cheer me up and help me see the positive side of things if I'm down. She is like this with friends and family as well. 4) She is freaking hilarious and has the best laugh of anyone I know. If you are around her when she laughs, you will instantly be in a good mood no matter what. 5) She is freaking gorgeous! Are you kidding me? Just look at the picture.


So there you have it. A handful of reasons why I feel very blessed. I guess this is my cyber rose to you this month. I love you Emily, happy mini-anniversary!

6 comments:

Jenny Sipes said...

Awwwww...that is so sweet! Emily is one lucky girl to have a hubby like you...

Happy Anniversary...;)

Adam, Emily, & Abbott said...

Wow, thanks so much:) I am smiling so big. My sweet hubby is out of town and that blog was such a sweet surprise. Thanks you so much, I know everyday how lucky I am:) love you

Anonymous said...

You two are so freakin' adorable. Adam, that brought tears to my eyes. I love you guys! Yes, everything you said about your wifey is so true. You left something out... SHE IS ALSO A GREAT/TRUE FRIEND WHO DANA IS GOING TO MISS SO MUCH! You are great together and we're so glad that you came into our lives. We love you two. dana

The Shingletons said...

6 years and 4 months! WOW!
Yes, she is beautiful and has a great laugh! And funny! I remember Jared at 7 years old, commenting on her driving skills! FUNNY! I miss you EM!!

Charlie and Oriana said...

I think I'm blogging. woah...

My boys said...

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOO!!!! Congrats on the news!!!!!!!!! Kevin and I were just saying at lunch today what a great couple you guys are and that we had not seen you in a bit! We are jumping up and down for you!!!! I will get my references lined up for any babysitting needs!! (We know you have Mer; but come on we only have 1 and she has 3.....share some babytime!!!)