Sunday, June 29, 2008

Surprise!

Our friend Dana turned the big THREE O on the 15th, but she and Marc were on vacation so we celebrated last night. It was a surprise party and I have to give Emily credit for the planning and execution. Dana thought she and Marc were coming over for dinner with one other couple when, in fact, there were about 20 people. Hiding that many cars is not easy, so I had Marc tip us off when they were en route and we all stood out in our front yard and waved as they came up the street. Dana didn't catch on to the surprise until they were actually in our driveway. GREAT SUCCESS! I'm pretty impressed with Em too, because she's terrible at keeping big secrets and she held on to this one for 2 whole weeks! Impressive. Everyone had a great time. We grilled burgers and dogs, visited with friends, and played Wii and Rock band like there was no tomorrow! Hope you enjoy the pics. Happy Birthday Dana!

2 comments:

The Shingletons said...

So fun to catch up with you!!! I miss you! Ya'll should have come to Nashville while you were east! Meridith found my blog somehow. You'll have to visit too. I'm not good at keeping up with it. When are you going to the beach?? We'll be there next week! I'd love to chat, Shawnah

Anonymous said...

Em and Adam, I don't know where to begin... That was one of the sweetest things ever. Talk about shocked. You sneaky little devils! I had such a great time and you made me feel so special for my 30th. Thank you. You know what this means... payback! Thank you for a wonderful evening and thank you for being such great friends, family actually. You have no idea how hard it's going to be for us to leave you two. Thankfully, we'll always stay in touch. We'll rack up some great air miles. I'm thankful that we had these last two years in Longview with you. What great memories we have. WE'll have many more to come. Love you both.